Charlbury Town Council manages two areas of Allotment Gardens for the use of residents of Charlbury. A large site at Oxpens on the Enstone Road and a smaller site at Evenlode Close. If you would like to apply for an Allotment please contact the Town Clerk. @Roger Clarke
Allotment Rules – Oxpens & Evenlode Close
- Persons eligible are to be resident in the Parish of Charlbury.
- General Conditions:
The tenant of an allotment garden must comply with the following conditions:-
- The allotment garden must be kept clean and in a good state of cultivation and fertility (there will be two Inspections annually to enforce this clause).
- The tenant must not cause any nuisance or annoyance to the occupier of any other allotment garden or resident of adjacent property, or obstruct any path set out by the Council for the use of occupiers of the allotment gardens.
- The tenant must not underlet, assign, or part with the possession of the allotment garden, or any part of it, without the written consent of the Council.
- Every hedge that forms part of the allotment garden must be kept properly cut and trimmed and all ditches properly cleansed.
- The tenant must not, without the written consent of the Council, erect any building on the allotment garden.
- No dogs or livestock are permitted on the allotment site.
- The tenant must, as regards the allotment garden, observe and perform all conditions and covenants under which the Council hold the land.
- The tenant must observe and perform any other special condition which Council considers necessary to preserve the allotment garden from deterioration.
3. Payment of Rent.
The rent of allotment gardens is to be paid annually to the Clerk of the Council on 1st April. Reminders will not normally be issued.
4. Termination of Tenancy.
The tenancy of an allotment garden will terminate on the annual rent day next after the death of a tenant.
It may also be terminated by the Council after one month’s notice:-
- If the tenant is in arrears for not less than 60 days or
- If the tenant is not duly observing the rules of the allotment garden, or any other terms or conditions of his tenancy.
The Council is prepared to accept one month’s notice of termination to expire at any time.